No matter what type of sewing you want to do, you’ll love the new SINGER® Integrated Even Feed System (IEF). This advanced technology lets you sew any fabric and through multiple layers without worrying if the fabric pieces will match at the end of the seam. Lightweight and silky fabrics don’t pucker, stripes and plaids match perfectly and curved seams are easy to sew. Your machine moves from a single layer to multiple layers effortlessly and even sews over bulky seam with no hesitation.
- SINGER® Integrated Even Feed System (IEF) – This technology allows you to sew all kinds of fabrics, including multiple layers and bulky seams, without worrying if the fabric pieces will match at the end of the seam. Lightweight and silky fabrics won’t pucker, stripes and plaids match perfectly and quilt layers won’t shift.
- Compact and Portable Sewing Machine – At less than 15 pounds, the SINGER® Featherweight™ sewing machine is perfect for taking to classes! Great for sewing in smaller spaces and can be stored easily.
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame – The internal skeleton of the sewing machine is constructed of heavy duty metal that holds all the mechanisms in perfect alignment for skip-free sewing and overall durability.
- 70 Built-In Stitches – Your stitches are displayed inside the lid of your machine when raised. Choose from basic stitches, stretch stitches, decorative stitches, quilting and applique stitches, as well as three styles of buttonholes. You’ll have the perfect stitch for any project!
- Easy Touch Stitch Selection – Simply press the selector buttons on the machine front panel to choose the stitch you want to sew. Your selected stitch number displays on the LED screen.
- Adjustable Stitch Width and Stitch Length – Optimum stitch length and stitch width are preselected when you choose your stitch, but you can adjust width or length to customize stitches for your projects.
- Built-In One Step Buttonhole – Just place your button into the slot of buttonhole foot to sew perfectly sized buttonholes for your button. Each buttonhole sews the complete cycle in one step, providing consistent results every time.
- Two LED Light Sources – Optimized lighting illuminates the sewing area without shadows.
- Info Button – Press the Info Button and the machine’s LED screen will display the recommended presser foot for your selected stitch.
- Tie-off Button – Press the Tie-Off Button while sewing to immediately tie-off the stitch and stop sewing automatically. You can even program the machine to perform the tie-off at the end of a stitch before you start to sew.
- Start/Stop Button – Press this button to start or stop the machine if you choose to sew without using the foot control. Press once to start and press again to stop.
- Snap-on Presser Feet – Presser feet can be conveniently stored in the Removable Storage Compartment.
- Speed Control – Set your machine’s maximum sewing speed wherever you want it – faster for long seams, slower for more intricate projects. You’re always in complete control!
- Extra High Presser Foot Lift – Raise the presser foot to its highest position so that thicker fabrics, quilts, etc., can be placed easily under the presser foot.
- Free Arm – Slide off the removable extension table to reveal the machine’s free arm, making it easy to sew around trouser hems, sleeve cuffs and other smaller projects.
- 29 Needle Positions – Choose from any one of 29 needle positions so you can place the needle exactly where you want it to sew – perfect for topstitching, quilting, inserting zippers and more.
- Programmable Needle Up/Down – Press this button to move the needle up or down, to set the stop position of the needle. Great for free-motion sewing, applique, attaching pockets and more.
- Foot Control Tap Function – A simple tap of the foot control with raise the needle if it stops in the down position, or lower it if it stops in the up position.
- Push Button Reverse – Press and hold the reverse button to sew stitches in reverse. Use this to backstitch at the beginning and end of seams.
- Stainless Steel Bed Plate – Fabrics glide easily across the arm of the machine.
- Drop Feed – Feed teeth can be lowered for button sewing or free-motion sewing – a must-have for quilters especially! Simply slide the Drop Feed Lever to raise or lower the feed teeth.
- Built-in Needle Threader – Effortlessly thread the eye of the needle, so you can start sewing faster. Eliminates eye strain, too!
- Top Drop-in Bobbin with Clear View Cover – The bobbin is easy to see and easy to thread. Because the bobbin and bobbin cover are both transparent, it’s easy to monitor your thread supply so that you won’t run out of thread.
- Adjustable Thread Tension – Depending on your fabric and thread selection, the Thread Tension Dial can be used to fine tune your stitches so they meet evenly between the two layers of fabric.
- Adjustable Presser Foot Pressure – This allows you to adjust the amount of pressure exerted by the presser foot on your fabric while sewing. The pressure is optimally pre-set, but is adjustable for thick fabrics or delicate fabrics.
Accessory Feet Included:
- 0A General Purpose Foot with IEF – is used mainly for straight and zigzag stitching with a stitch length longer than 1.0mm. This foot on the machine upon delivery.
- 1A Fancy Stitch Foot with IEF – is used for decorative stitches. The grooves on the underside of the foot is designed to flow smoothly over the stitches.
- 2A Satin Stitch Foot – When sewing decorative stitches or short zigzag stitches and other utility stitches with less than 1.0mm stitch length, use this foot. The groove on the underside of the foot is designed to flow smoothly over the stitches
- 3 Blind Hem Foot with IEF – is used for blind hem stitches. The toe of the foot guides the fabric. The red guide of the foot is designed to ride along the fold of the hem edge.
- 4 Zipper Foot with IEF – can be snapped on either the right or the left of the needle, making it easy to sew close to both sides of the zipper teeth. Move the needle position to the right or left to sew closer to zipper teeth.
- 5B One-step Buttonhole Foot – This foot has a space in the back to set the size of the buttonhole. The machine will sew a buttonhole to fit that button size.
- Hard Cover – The hard cover helps protect your machine when transporting it, as well as protecting it from dust when stored. The cover also includes storage for your foot control and power cord.
- Large Extension Table – Expand your workspace with the optional Large Extension Table. Perfectly fits around the machine’s free arm, providing a wider, level surface for larger projects like quilts, home décor projects, fashion sewing and more.
Stop in for a demonstration today!!