Technology that understands my passion!
Realize your sewing potential with these features:
- The Original IDT™ – Integrated Dual Feed only from PFAFF® for over 45 years! Absolutely even feed of fabric from the top and bottom. The IDT™ system is ideal for the quilter and sewing. This system works with any stitch forward or reverse at any stitch length or width. The original IDT™ system from PFAFF® is built right into the machine. It can be easily engaged or disengaged when needed.
- German Innovate Design – built to make sewing easy and to achieve the professional results that sewers want The PFAFF® performance™ 5.2 with its innovative features, durability and ease of operation will do it all for you.
- Large Sewing Space – The PFAFF® performance™ 5.2 is the perfect choice for quilters, home decor sewers, fashionista – just about anyone who loves to create. The sewing area to the right of the needle is super-sized for sewing large amounts of fabric or batting.
- Optimized Feeding – Enhanced to provide more control when sewing through thick layers or seaming small pieces.
- Electronic Knee-Lift – Raises the presser foot with an easy movement allowing you to keep your hands on your project.
- Illuminated Graphic Display – The display screen shows the stitch in actual size and all important information.
- Dual LED Lights – Optimized bright lights illuminate your entire sewing area without shadows.
- PFAFF® creative™ Color Touch Screen – The clear, high resolution display shows stitches in actual size. The intuitive design is easy to understand.
- Straight Stitch Needle Plate Sensor – The performance™ 5.2 sewing machine alerts you if you try to select a stitch other than straight stitch when the straight stitch needle plate is attached.
- Quick Help System – Touch the quick help icon for instant information.
- Speed Ranges – Adjust sewing speed and your PFAFF® performance™ 5.2 sewing machine remembers your preferred setting until turned off.
- Screen Saver with Start-Up Screen – The Start-Up screen will be displayed as a screen saver ten minutes after the last touch on the screen.
- Personal Menu – Save your personal stitches and sequences in a folder to sew them again whenever you wish.
- Bobbin Thread Sensor – The performance™ 5.2 will alert you when the bobbin thread is low.
- Separate Bobbin Winding Motor – Wind a bobbin while sewing or embroidering without having to un-thread the needle.
- Stylus Holder Built-In – Keeps your stylus at your fingertips.
- Bobbin – For ease of access, change your bobbin from the top.
- Needle Up/Down – Touch a button to set your needle to automatically stop up or down in the fabric for pivoting, applique and more.
- Extra Presser Foot Lift – Raise the presser foot to its highest position so that thick fabric can be easily placed under the presser foot.
- Update-able – Update your performance™ 5.2 sewing machine easily. Download the latest update from the Internet; update quickly with a USB stick.
- UNIQUE PFAFF® Sewing Techniques (patent pending) –
- Single Ribbon Stitches – Add dimensional elements to your decorative stitching with beautiful ribbon stitches. Narrow ribbons and trims are woven into these special stitches as you sew
- Stacking Stitches – Sew beautiful decorative stitches in two colors. The stacking stitches consist of pairs of stitches that are designed to be sewn on top of each other.
- Decorative Stitches – Select from a wide variety of beautiful high quality stitches – over 300. Including but not limited to utility, button holes, 9mm wide decorative, quilt, cross and hem stitches. Including some that look like vintage hand work.
- Maxi Stitches – Up to 48mm wide built-in stitches for beautiful embellishment.
- Needle Threader – The integrated needle threader makes threading the needle that much easier.
- Stitch Fonts – 4 built-in stitch fonts to choose from to personalize your projects.
- creative signature™ Sewing Programs– Tapering on all 9mm stitches, single stitch program, patchwork program, stitch positioning and stitch density to customize your work.
- Patchwork – Use the patchwork program to remember seam length to repeat over and over. This can be used with both utility and decorative stitches.
- Single Stitch Program – Set exact number of stitches or sequence repeats you wish to sew.
- Mirror Image of Stitches – Flip the stitch side to side and/or end to end for more decorative sewing.
- Stitch Positioning – Moves complete stitch to the left or right for easily align decorative stitches.
- Stitch Density – Density can be increased or decreased without affecting stitch length by controlling the distance between the stitch points.
- EXCLUSIVE Stitch Creator™ Program – Create 9mm stitches or edit built-in stitches for unlimited creativity.
- Free-Motion Mode – Three free-motion modes for free-motion quilting, thread painting or darning. Select the best mode for your specific technique.
- Automatic Feed Dog Drop – The feed dogs are lowered or raised automatically depending on the stitch/technique selected.
- Memory – Save your stitches and/or sequences in one of 30 memories.
- Automatic Presser Foot Lift – Raises the presser foot instantly when the needle is set to stop down and/or at the end of a seam after a thread snip.
- Thread Snips – Automatically cut top and bobbin threads, pulling thread ends to the back side of the fabric.
- Sensormatic Buttonhole – Buttonhole columns are sewn in the same direction for precise stitch quality. Your buttonholes are perfect each and every time.
- Start/Stop – Sew without the foot control – Makes sewing long seams, free-motion and buttonholes easy. Just hit the button.
- 37 Needle Positions – For exact placement of your straight stitch.
- Stitch Width Safety – Limits stitch width to center needle straight center position while using the straight stitch foot to prevent breaking a needle or worse…main motor overload.
- Stitch Restart – Return to the beginning of a stitch or sequence without having to reset any special adjustments you have made.
- Twin Needle Program – Enter twin needle size to automatically adjust the stitch width. See the twin needle stitch on the screen.
- Immediate Tie-Off – When pressed the performance™ 5.2 will tie-off and stop automatically for a quick and easy finish.
Accessory feet included:
Standard presser foot 0A with IDT™, Fancy stitch foot 1A with IDT ™, Fancy stitch foot 2A, Blind-hem foot 3 with IDT™, Zipper foot 4 with IDT™, Sensormatic buttonhole 5A foot, Manual buttonhole foot 5M, Sensormatic free-motion/Embroidery foot 6A, Maxi stitch foot 8, ¼” Quilting foot with IDT™
Additional Accessories included:
Straight stitch needle plate, electronic knee lift, hard case cover
Extension Table with Adjustable Guide, Circular Attachment
|Sample of Decorative Stitches||Adjustable Extension Table with Guide||Decorative Stitches using Circular Attachment|
It is a truly great machine to sew with. Stop in today for a demonstration. Once you have stitched on a PFAFF®, you will take one home.